9.23.2011

26

I've always been the reflective type.
But now- being that I just turned 26 33 minutes ago, I feel even more reflective on the past year.
The ups and the downs.
In my 25th year of life I:
dealt and walked through the death and trauma of finding one of our dear friends dead along side of a homeless camp where we volunteered
took dating Brian Packert more seriously and got engaged to him
gained new family
started and completed my practicum at the elementary schools
started my high school internship
fully engulfed myself in my school counseling program
spent a lot of time with the middle school youth group at my church
had endless laughs and tickle fights with two amazing children
saw them grow up from babies to children
embraced my position as a leon family member
watched those that i love, hurt
became more organized and diligent about taking control of who laura is
became into myself, unashamedly
In my 26th year of life I hope to:
marry the man my heart was created for
make good decisions
be intentional in my relationships
finish out my last year of grad school, strong
plan a wedding
be a positive role model for the hs/ms students at my internship
make my middle schoolers feel loved
be active in abbi and noahs life
know Jesus more
know grace more
love deeper
love free-er
become more thankful and less wanting.

May I know Christ dwelling within me more, and less of me.

No comments: