6.29.2011

grace.

I am currently a practicum student in a clinical/school counseling program.
Every week, we sit there and some of the other students in my class complain and almost make a joke over some of their clients.
Clients who have killed someone.
Clients who are drug addicts.
Clients who have no one in the world left to believe in them.
And a part of me gets so frustrated and borderline frustrated.
That we sit there, try to label people, and make a mockery when Jesus' heart is breaking for them.
Isnt there enough grace for them, too?
What if we were the few people in the world that could look at this person- dirty, trapped, filthy and full of sin and be the ones to believe in them regardless of their past?
Why can't we offer them grace?
Why can't we look at them and love?
Can't we just simply see a person who messed up?
A person that is trapped?
Isnt there freedom in offering grace?
I get so frustrated.
Grace is for them, too.
Why can't we offer that to them?
I've slowly gotten attached to the Casey Anthony case.
Given, I never watch TV and keep up with my news via my CNN app on my phone- so this is new for me.
I agree that justice needs to be served.
But I just get so sad for Casey- that no one in her life is offering her grace, love or truth.
Yes, she's lied and possibly murdered.
I just wonder how lonely and lost she must feel.
To know that she made such a mess of her life and has literally dug herself into a hole which she will never get out of.
I understand that she killed her daughter.
But I also bet she wishes she could take back those moments and the moments leading up to them with everything in her.
By no means do I support what she did, but my heart just gets so heavy and sad for her and her loneliness and hopelessness.

Where is grace?

No comments: